Google Business Profile (GBP), formerly known as Google My Business (GMB), is touted by many experts as the number one marketing tool (in terms of ROI and Local SEO) that local businesses can utilize to increase organic leads and to improve Local SEO and Local Authority with Google. Google Business Profile is the first impression and first encounter with many clients. GBP is where searchers go with commercial, ready to purchase intent.
The website is where searchers go for affirmation (ie “is this company legit?”) and the blog posts reaffirm that our client is the subject matter expert and he or she will help them better than any other potential real estate agent.
Local Search Statistics:
“Local search is powerful for small businesses: 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information, which means if your business isn’t optimized for local search, you could be missing out on potential customers who are ready to shop in your area. In short, local SEO is critical if you want your business to stay relevant.” (reference: HubSpot Marketing Local SEO); https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/local-seo)
Additionally, from HubSpot’s “16 Stats That Prove the Importance of Local SEO” number 9 is “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years. (Source: Chat Meter) https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/local-seo-stats
“There’s compelling evidence that businesses with 100+ photos in their Google My Business listing get more clicks.” Brightlocal (Way more clicks—as in, 1,065% more! Not to mention a 520% increase in phone calls!)
To increase organic traffic and leads while also enhancing brand recognition by utilizing the number one Local SEO Google service, Google Business Profile, in conjunction with the other marketing efforts Web Development, PPC, Blog Content, Local SEO Website Design and other SEO strategies.
Here are the Action Items pertaining to the Google Business Profile (GBP) Marketing & Management Plan by 714Web:
Phase One –
1. Audit and Optimize GBP Pages
Set up the Clients Google Business Profile if it is not active; or Perform an Audit for active GBP pages:
- Proper business category
- Proper placement of Google Map pin
- Make sure address, hours of operation, url landing page is accurate – GBP completeness
- Maximize additional business categories
- Audit “Areas We Serve” section
- Insert office location latitude and longitude into GBP Page
- Make sure client is Google Screened
- Make sure keywords are in GBP Page
- Optimize the Business Introduction/Description with keywords and phrases and geographic identifiers
- Optimize a GBP landing page
- Optimize and add geo-tagged photos with keyword file names, keyword Alt Text, keyword descriptions to GBP Page. We recommend at least 100 photos per client. (same for video if client provides or has video)
- Create Services (aka Products) with up to 1,000 character optimized content with links to main website and or Proctor content, e.g. What is your (location) home worth? With a link to the Home Valuation page.
- Write and optimize the Q&A section. Treat it like an FAQ with keywords and phrases
- Enrich text and GBP for Voice Searches
2. Create an Optimized GBP Landing page url with keyword and location; embed Google Map, e.g. yourhomesoldguaranteedrealty-name.com/real-estate-agency-in-[location]
Capitalizes on key phrases: Real Estate Agency in [location], or Realtor in [location]
This website landing page will mimic/reflect your GBP Page,
- hours of operation;
- phone number;
- office address;
- Categories from GBP on landing page;
- Google map of Service Area;
- List of Areas We Serve and create internal links
- link to Home Page and Contact Us page
- Keyword Optimized Titles, Headings & Content: Introduction, Body & CTA
- Geo-tagged Office Image (if provided by client)
- Geo-tagged Welcome Video by client (if provided by client)
- Insert Testimonials
- Insert links to any relocation guides or other lead magnets.
- Insert a form (for CRM)
- Build an Urchin Tracking Monitor (utm) code using an identifiable unique naming sequence for the GBP Landing Page to analyze in Google Analytics
*Landing Page format included at the end of this document
Ongoing Action Items (weekly and monthly):
1. Create unique GBP posts every day with a Call To Action
Posts can include:
- Write actionable keyword headlines
- No more than 1500 characters per post (GBP max) with keywords, key phrases and geo-location identifiers.
- Links to Proctor content/reports and or to website blog posts
- Key Phrase rich Posts with home listings (“Best Real Estate Agent Near Me New Home Listings of the Week”)
- Unique content related to clients’ Service Area (e.g. “Top 3 Reasons to Live in [location]”)
- Utilize images and photos
- Utilize GBP compliant videos
- Incorporate Real Estate industry RSS feeds
2. Answering Reviews and Q&A
- Responding to all positive Reviews in a timely manner with keywords and phrase responses
- Immediately informing the client of any negative reviews.
- Immediately informing the client of any incoming Questions
3. Audit Top Competitor GBP sites monthly and report any violations to Google. Some GBP will have incorrect titles to try and capitalize on searches, for example, you cannot have “ABC Realty – Best Real Estate Agency in [location] ” in your business title. 714Web will audit competitors and report violations to Google.
4. Tracking and Reporting
- Track GBP page analytics monthly (traffic, clicks, leads, directions requested and direct phone calls)
If You’re interested in Beta Testing our GBP Program, please fill out the form below: